This drill is will help players develop great ball-handling skills while running down the court.
1. Players will be divided up into two teams. One team, the offense, will line up close to the baseline – sideline intersection. The other team, the defense, will line up in 15-20 foot intervals all the way to the opposite baseline.
2. On the whistle, the first player in line will dribble up to the first defender and make a move of their choice (behind the back, between the legs, crossover, spin move) and move on to the next defender. Pro Basketball World
3. The defender will try to take a swipe at the ball and try to knock it away from the offensive player. The defender is
stationary, so this will be the only defense that is allowed of this player.
4. As soon as the first player gets past the first defender, the next player in line will begin.
5. When the player reaches the opposite baseline, they will sprint to the other end and make a layup and go to the back of the line.
Points of Emphasis
Continually tell your players to…
– Mix up the dribble moves you do at each defender.
– Keep the ball under control!
– Dribble with the correct hand (if you are on the left side of a defender, dribble with the left hand).
– Shoot the lay-up with the correct hand (left side = left hand).